Monday, April 16, 2012

Going back to "normal" life

Today was a very sad day for Mama Lucas.  I had to go back to work after 2 wonderful months with my baby girl.  After getting 4 hours of sleep my long day began.  I was so sad having to drop her off at daycare.  The longest I had been away from her was maybe 6 hours and then she was with Nana.  This is the first time I have left her and she wasn't with Nana or Daddy.  So hard on Mama and its not going to be any easier to repeat tomorrow.  I miss spending all day with my little girl.  Seeing every smile and hearing every noise she makes.  Someone else gets to experience all that while I sit in a cube and process orders.  That makes me sad.  I wish I could stay at home with her all day long and never have to go back to work.  


I was told she did great in daycare.  She was very alert and smiling to all the other kids.  Not that I doubted my wonderful little one.  Among all the little milestones of daycare and mama going back to work, my little girl is 2 months old today.  I can't believe it.  Where have these 2 months gone.  I don't remember what life was like before she came and I don't care.  Four hours of sleep and having to work 10 hours, then come home and take care of some things.  I'll take it in a heartbeat to have this beautiful girl with me.  I am so blessed and happy for her I can't imagine my life without her.  



My first day of daycare


-Mama Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment