Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm 2 weeks old!

My beautiful little Peanut is now 2 weeks old.  I can't figure out where the time has gone.  Seems like just yesterday she made her appearance.  At the doctor's appointment last week she hadn't gained any weight since discharge from the hospital, which wasn't a concern since she was only 4 days old.  She was expected to be back to her birth weight of 7 pounds 6 ounces by 2 weeks.  That means she needed to gain about 6.5 ounces.  I was a little worried.  Nursing hasn't been the easiest and I was unsure how much milk she was getting during each feeding.  At the hospital they were saying to feed every 2-3 hours.  She doesn't start giving signs until 3-4 hours.  So that made me a little nervous as well.  


Happy to announces Peanut was 7 pounds 12.7 ounces at her 2 week appointment.  I guess she is getting all that is needed.  She is in the 30th percentile (for those of you that understand that), for her weight so I'm a happy, proud mama.  Now I know to just trust my little girl about when she is hungry and trust that she is getting enough each time.  


Look how big I am!
It's funny how used to a newborn you get.  When they are first born they seem so tiny and you get so worried about moving them and carrying them.  For me, that didn't last that long.  Now I cart her around on one arm and multi-task like crazy.  It's almost like she is an extension of me :)


She is the perfect little baby.  We are so blessed to have her as our first.  I'm so in love with her :) :) :) :) :) 


-Mama Lucas

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the past two weeks have gone by so fast. It has been a blessing to be able to watch her funny expressions on her face, to see her funny stretches (I don't think that she misses a muscle in her body when she does it)and to be able to hear the funny squeaks that she makes. I am proud of you, Jes and Chris, for being such loving parents to Abby. Abby, you are a joy to all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete